Doop geleentheid 17 Nov om 08:30October 2, 2019
Spasies waar jy kan connect die 4de kwartaalOctober 3, 2019
Kom skenk bloed – 20 Oktober 09:30-12:30 in die personeelkamer.
Wees die verskil en word ‘n gereelde bloedskenker.
Requirements for donation are:
- Weigh at least 50kg;
- Between ages of 16 and 65;
- Lead a sexually safe lifestyle; and
- Consider your blood safe for transfusion
You can’t donate blood right now if you:
- Have low blood pressure;
- Have high blood pressure;
- Have low haemoglobin (iron);
- Are pregnant;
- Have had surgery recently;
- Are taking certain medications
Your blood is not safe if you:
- Have HIV or AIDS;
- Had sex with, or worked as, a commercial sex worker in the past six months;
- Have been treated for a sexually transmitted disease in the past twelve months;
- Had more than one sexual partner in the past 6 months;
- Had casual sex or sex with someone whose sexual background is unknown;
- Have been involved in male to male sex in the past six months;
- Ever injected with drugs or substances not prescribed by a doctor.
- Eat a balanced meal at least 4 hours before you donate.
Before donating a donor will:
- Complete a questionnaire containing personal details;
- Answer questions concerning their health, sexual and social conduct;
- Undergo one-on-one interview with a staff member as a follow up to answers on the questionnaire.
- Iron (haemoglobin), blood pressure level and pulse rate will be checked;
- Blood donation to take about 30 minutes.