Bly kalm en connect waar jy is (COVID-19 maatreëls)March 17, 2020
Goeie Vrydag Nagmaal StasieApril 9, 2020
Please donate at Cradlestone Mall on one of the following dates:
- 12.04.2020 from 09:00:00 to 13:30:00
- 18.04.2020 from 09:00:00 to 15:00:00
- 19.04.2020 from 09:00:00 to 15:00:00
The following COVID-19 measures are in place:
- Screening of all persons at donation clinic entrances. The aim of screening is to reduce the risk of donor exposure to persons that might have travelled to countries affected by COVID-19, might have come into contact with a person confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 or might have flu-like symptoms.
- Donors exhibiting flu-like symptoms or symptoms of infections are advised to delay donation until they are well.
- SANBS staff in the clinics have been educated to disclose if they are feeling unwell or exhibit flu-like symptoms or symptoms of infection. Staff with flu-like symptoms or symptoms of infection do not work in clinics until they are well.
- SANBS have heightened infection control measures at all their donation sites through provision of alcohol hand-rub solutions at each clinic entrance. Donors are therefore requested to use alcohol hand-rub upon entry and exit from the donation sites. In addition, surfaces and equipment in our clinics are disinfected before the clinic starts, following each donation event and at the end of the clinic.
Requirements for donation are:
- Weigh at least 50kg;
- Between ages of 16 and 65;
- Lead a sexually safe lifestyle; and
- Consider your blood safe for transfusion
You can’t donate blood right now if you:
- Have low blood pressure;
- Have high blood pressure;
- Have low haemoglobin (iron);
- Are pregnant;
- Have had surgery recently;
- Are taking certain medications
Your blood is not safe if you:
- Have HIV or AIDS;
- Had sex with, or worked as, a commercial sex worker in the past six months;
- Have been treated for a sexually transmitted disease in the past twelve months;
- Had more than one sexual partner in the past 6 months;
- Had casual sex or sex with someone whose sexual background is unknown;
- Have been involved in male to male sex in the past six months;
- Ever injected with drugs or substances not prescribed by a doctor.
- Eat a balanced meal at least 4 hours before you donate.
Before donating a donor will:
- Complete a questionnaire containing personal details;
- Answer questions concerning their health, sexual and social conduct;
- Undergo one-on-one interview with a staff member as a follow up to answers on the questionnaire.
- Iron (haemoglobin), blood pressure level and pulse rate will be checked;
- Blood donation to take about 30 minutes.